(Article 27, paragraph 1, letter a) of Legislative Decree No. 286/98 and subsequent amendments; Article 40 of DPR No. 394/99 and subsequent amendments.)
MANAGERS OR HIGHLY SPECIALISED STAFF OF COMPANIES HAVING THEIR HEADQUARTERS OR BRANCHES IN ITALY OR REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES OF FOREIGN COMPANIES THAT HAVE THEIR MAIN BUSINESS ACTIVITY IN THE TERRITORY OF A MEMBER STATE OF THE WORLD TRADE ORGANISATION, OR MANAGERS OF MAIN OFFICES IN ITALY OF ITALIAN COMPANIES OR COMPANIES FROM ANOTHER MEMBER STATE OF THE EU.
- Completed and signed application by the applicant (Form 1 and 2).
- Photocopy of the entire passport or another equivalent document (see table No. 4).
- For the issuance of the residence permit, Forms 1 and 2 are filled out at the Immigration One-Stop Office when signing the employment residence contract.
- The renewal request for the residence permit must be accompanied by a photocopy of the employment residence contract signed between the parties and a copy of the receipt of the registered letter through which the contract was sent to the competent Immigration One-Stop Office, in case any of the contract clauses have been modified.
– The work authorisation as provided in Article 27, paragraph 1, letter a), and hence the related residence permit for subordinate employment, is issued to managers or personnel possessing particular expertise that qualifies the activity as highly specialised and who have been employed for at least six months in the same sector.
– The temporary transfer, with a duration linked to the actual needs of the company, defined and predetermined in time, cannot exceed, including any extensions, a total duration of five years.
– At the end of the temporary transfer, it is possible to be hired on a fixed-term or indefinite-term basis by the detached company.