RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR RESEARCH
(Article 27 ter of Legislative Decree No. 286/98 and subsequent amendments)
- Individuals seeking to stay in Italy for research purposes are eligible for this residence permit. The application must include the following:
- Completed and signed application by the applicant (Forms 1 and 2).
- Photocopy of the entire passport or another equivalent document (see table No. 4).
- Photocopy of the hosting agreement signed with the research institute.
- For the issuance of the residence permit, Forms 1 and 2 will be completed at the Immigration Office that granted the entry clearance.
– In case of an extension of the research program, the researcher’s residence permit will be renewed for a duration equal to the extension, provided the hosting agreement is also renewed.
– This procedure also applies to researchers who are already legally residing in Italy for other reasons. In such cases, the researcher is issued the relevant residence permit without requiring a visa, and there is no need for the actual residence abroad for the issuance of the entry clearance, which will be processed at the relevant Immigration Office of the Prefecture-UTG.