( Articles 5 and 26 of Legislative Decree No. 286/98 and subsequent amendments. Article 39 of DPR 394/99 and subsequent amendments.)
- Completed and signed application by the applicant (Form 1 and 2).
- Photocopy of the entire passport or another equivalent document (see table No. 4).
- For the issuance of the residence permit:
- Photocopy of the certification, issued by the Italian diplomatic/consular representation in the foreign national’s country of origin, confirming the existence of the requirements specified in Article 26 of Legislative Decree 286/98 and subsequent amendments, and Article 39 of DPR 394/99 and subsequent amendments, for the issuance of an entry visa for self-employment.
- For the renewal of the residence permit:
- Photocopy of the authorisation or license, or registration in a special register or directory, or the submission of a declaration or notification as required by current regulations for the exercise of the performed professional activity.
- Photocopy of registration with the Chamber of Commerce (CCIAA).
- Photocopy of the income tax return.
- The application for the renewal of the residence permit for the foreign national working in Italy as a self-employed worker in a company, including cooperatives, must also be accompanied by the documentation listed in letters a, b, d, and additionally:
- A declaration from the President of the Company regarding the tasks performed by the worker-shareholder, along with a photocopy of the declarant’s identity document.
- Photocopy of the company’s shareholder book (frontispiece page and the page relating to the registration of the foreign national shareholder).
– The residence permit for self-employment can also be used for other activities permitted to the foreign national and allows for subordinate work during its validity period, following registration in the register of residents, or, if the employment relationship is ongoing, upon notification by the employer to the Provincial Labor Directorate. With the renewal, a new residence permit is issued for the activity actually carried out.
– The residence permit for study or vocational training may be converted into a residence permit for self-employment as part of the decree on the programming of entry flows for foreign nationals. In this case, the certification confirming the requirements for self-employment is issued by the Immigration One-Stop Office, following verification of the availability of a quota, and the completion of Forms 1 and 2 for the residence permit application will take place at the above office.
– Irrevocable convictions for crimes related to the protection of copyright, counterfeiting, and the use and trade of counterfeit trademarks or distinctive signs will result in the revocation of the residence permit and the expulsion of the foreign national.
– The income must not be less than the annual amount of the social security allowance and must be demonstrated by attaching a photocopy of the income tax return. In the case of self-employment activities started in the same year, or when the regulations do not require an income tax return, income can be proven with other “objective” documentation.