RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR STUDENTS / TRAINEES / PUPILS
(Article 39 bis Legislative Decree No. 286/98 and subsequent amendments; articles 44 bis and 45 of Presidential Decree No. 394/99 and subsequent amendments)
This residence permit is available for the following categories of foreigners:
- Adult foreigners attending courses of study in upper secondary education institutions, higher technical education and training courses, higher technical education programs, and higher training courses.
- Foreign minors attending courses of study.
- Foreigners attending professional training courses and curricular or extracurricular internships.
The application must include the following:
- Completed and signed application by the applicant (Form 1).
- Photocopy of the entire passport or another equivalent document (see table No. 4).
For the initial issuance of the residence permit, the following documents are required:
- Photocopy of the certification attesting to the course of study or training program, attested by the Italian Diplomatic/Consular Representation at the time of the entry visa issuance.
- Photocopy of health insurance valid in the national territory, covering the duration of the residence permit, for illness and/or accidents.
For the renewal of the residence permit, if applicable, the following documents are required:
- Photocopy of the certification confirming the continuation of the course of study or training program in progress.
- Photocopy of documents confirming the availability of adequate financial resources for the duration of the residence permit. Students who work can demonstrate income through Form 2.
- Photocopy of health insurance valid in the national territory, covering the duration of the residence permit, for illness and accidents.